Growing up I always looked forward to my Grandma’s Lemon Squares. I loved the gooeyness of hers and the lemon tartness was….mmmmm.
So I wanted to find a recipe that was easy to use, and of course tasted delicious. I loved this one and the Lemon Squares are so easy.
First you start with the crust, which is just butter sugar and flour. I found mixing the ingredients in a bowl with a fork was the easiest and once it was all mixed together then to press it into the baking pan.
While the crust is baking you can prep the filling. I used the Stand Mixer to beat the filling. Once it is bakes it will still be slightly “loose” it’s ok, it firms after it cools but make sure to add powdered sugar over the Squares while they are still warm.
|Yummy Lemon Squares Recipe|
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, blend together softened butter, 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup sugar. Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9×13 inch pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm and golden. In another bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar and 1/4 cup flour. Whisk in the eggs and lemon juice. Pour over the baked crust.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes in the preheated oven. The bars will firm up as they cool.
- Sprinkle with powered sugar while they are still warm