Can you believe that we are halfway through the month? Crunch time now for Christmas!
We leave in a week for Vacation and I am so excited!!! But at the same time I am stressing about everything I want to get done at home before hand!
Many families are planning on traveling, which is awesome but there is so much to do in such a little time it’s important to be organized!
Household chores are definitely something that goes on the back burner this time of the year. I have learned that setting up a schedule for each day keeps the home neat and organized.
I know Mondays and Fridays I do laundry. This keeps me from freaking out the other days to wash clothes. The other days I can set time to clean the bathrooms, or organize a closet.
With three kids it’s important to make home schedules too. Also, I love to get the kids involved and help me. Sarah loves to help me with the laundry. She loves to help sort clothes. I also let her spray stained clothes too.
A few tips for keeping life simple this month (and all year)
- Kids help sort laundry – simple right? It helps you and it keeps the kids busy for a good ten minutes. Plus with toddlers it helps with colors!
- Plan laundry days – We do our laundry on Monday’s and Friday’s, sometimes Thursday’s depending on the amount of laundry that needs to be done. These days I also have the kids help me put their clothes away, and it’s a great way to organize their closest They get messy each week!
- House work days – If your doing laundry on Monday, then plan to clean the bathrooms on Tuesdays.
- Weekly Playroom Organizing – This is a MUST! I have to go through the kids stuff each week and do a big organizing day. I can also week out any toys that might have broke or maybe the kids mixed up some trash. Get the junk out! I found this helps keep the toys neat and less breakage is happening!
- Menu Planning – I sometimes struggle with this some weeks. But I have found that days I have menu planned ahead of time is simple to pop dinner in the oven or crock pot that day. Less stressing!
How do you stay on top of your to-do list around the holidays?
*“I wrote this review while participating in a Blog Tour for Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Whirlpool. I received a promotional item as a thank you for participating.”