I am one of those people who use hand towels to dry my hands. But I thought that what I was doing was right. To only use hand towels to dry your hands or kitchen towels are used to only dry hands. I just assumed that using them like that was fine….. boy I was wrong!
There’s no question that good hand hygiene habits are important, but when it comes to clean hands, washing is only half of the equation. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends drying hands with a single-use towel to help prevent the spread of germs. Until the recent introduction of Kleenex Hand Towels, families have not had a practical alternative to cloth hand towels in their home bathrooms.
To better understand America’s current hand drying habits, Kleenex Hand Towels conducted a survey of more than 1,000 Americans to uncover the nation’s familiarity with the CDC’s hand drying recommendations.
Key Survey Findings:
- The majority of Americans (89%) use a cloth hand towel to dry hands in their home bathroom for an average of 14.7 seconds.
- Other hand drying methods used in home bathrooms include:
- Using a paper towel or paper napkin (38%)
- Simply shaking hands in the air to dry off (18%)
- Wiping hands on a T-shirt or other article of clothing (9%)
- Americans ages 18-24 are the most likely to shake their hands in the air (29%) or use an article of clothing to dry their hands (17%).
Crazy right? I fall in in the 89% by using a cloth hand towel. See I wash mine weekly and thought I was fine…
Visit KleenexHandTowels.com for educational activities designed to teach hand hygiene and for additional information.
Drying hands properly can be just as important as washing. But suitable hand washing and drying can be quite a struggle when children are in a rush to go out and play. The Drying Song makes healthy hand drying fun for kids and adults alike.
My hands are gonna be clean
When I wash and I dry with mommy and sing
This song that’s exactly two clean hands long
Warm water and soap and bubbles that shine
A Kleenex Hand Towel that’s mine all mine
And a song that’s exactly two clean hands long
No yucky old towel’s gonna ruin my day
I dry my hands the Kleenex towel way
So if you’re a fan of clean hands too
Roll up your sleeves and I’ll sing with you
This song is absolutely adorable! My girls will agree with that, after only listening to the song a few times I have heard the girls singing the song while washing their hands. Check out their cute video:
A product was received and I was also compensated thanks to The Motherhood. This post is part of a paid campaign in partnership with Kleenex and The Motherhood. All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by anyone.
ONE winner will win a $50 gift card from Service Master, a fantastic all-purpose cleaning and house service company. Whether it’s used towards a Merry Maids cleaning service so your bathroom is clean, tidy and ready for a fresh box of Kleenex Hand Towels or towards a lawn care service (summer is just around the corner!), you can experience a clean, fresh home.
To enter, we would love if you can use The Drying Song and make a fun video of course you can also leave a comment with a fact you learned on the website.
For extra entries you may do the following and leave a separate comment for those that you do.
- Twitter (1 entry)(daily – use the retweet button and add @mommymandy in your tweet and also use #KleenexSong )
- Share on Facebook
- Blog about the giveaway with a video of the song (10 entries)
- Add my main button (1 entry)
- Subscribe to my newsletter (1 entry)
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post. (unlimited entry)
US Only (unless otherwise noted)