WarioWare D.I.Y. is a single player simulation/puzzle game for Nintendo DS, DSi and DSi XL that challenges players to create their own micro-games as part of Wario’s game design team. Players have access to a suite of game design tools that allow for customization of game mechanics and flow, graphics, audio and more, as well as a templates, tutorials and in-game assistance. In addition to game creation the game cartridge contains 72 premade micro-games. Additional features include the ability to share games wirelessly, to submit games to Nintendo, cross-compatibility with Wii allowing for play of created games on Wii, a multiplayer mode, additional micro-games and more.
Surprise surprise, the infamously greedy Wario has another harebrained scheme to get rich… and this time, you’re gonna help him. Using Dr. Crygor’s invention, the Super MakerMatic 21, Wario has his eye fixed on conquering the game industry. This is where you come in. He’s recruited an army of gamers, including you, to make these dreams come true. You will have access to a deep game creation toolset, a wide range of templates and the in-game assistance to micro-games expert Penny, but you’ll really have to work that left brain muscle to go from lowly freelance designer to game creator extraordinaire.
- Do It Yourself! Take on the role of game designer and create your own microgames by crafting everything from artwork, animations, music and action instructions.
- WarioWare: D.I.Y. comes with more than 90 pre-made games to play, but players who have access to a broadband Internet connection can wirelessly download a virtually endless supply of user-generated games, or upload their own creations to share with the world.
- When creating games, players can utilize a library of pre-made graphics and sound samples, borrow elements from other microgames on their system, or start from scratch.
- Sharing new content is the real key to WarioWare: D.I.Y., and there are a number of ways for players to participate:
- Using a local wireless connection, friends can swap micro-games, comics and music they have created.
- After the game launches, Nintendo will regularly make new micro-games available for download to players who have access to a broadband Internet connection.
- From time to time, Nintendo will challenge WarioWare: D.I.Y. players to create games based on a specific theme. Nintendo will make the best submissions available for download to players with a wireless broadband Internet connection.
- Players can upload items to their Storage Crate in the Warehouse (wireless broadband Internet access required). These products can then be downloaded by any of the friends with whom they have exchanged friend codes.
- If you want to take a break from creating and playing games, why not try your hand at a comic strip? WarioWare: D.I.Y. includes all the tools artists need to compose their own four-panel comic strips.
- Players who have a Wii™ console can add another dimension to their game. By downloading the WarioWare: D.I.Y. Showcase game from Nintendo’s WiiWare™ service, players get access to 72 more micro-games, and can experience the games they created with their Nintendo DS™ system on their TV. Each of the elements in these new games then becomes a part of the player’s toolbox. The WiiWare game also includes an unlockable multiplayer mode that lets up to four people play micro-games competitively (additional accessories required and are sold separately).