In honor of September’s National Baby Safety Month, VTech commissioned a survey to poll parents’ safety attitudes, purchasing behavior and overall parenting behavior. The results — today’s parents are extremely safety conscious with the majority (71 percent) of survey respondents labeling themselves as either “close supervisors” or very “protective.” Other survey findings include:
- Men and women have different safety styles — men identified themselves as more relaxed about baby safety than women.
- Parents get an “incomplete” on their safety homework — only 40 percent of survey respondents researched important safety recalls to ensure their products are not defective.
- Parents are good at following instructions for safety — the majority of parents surveyed (58 percent) read all the instructions before using or assembling the product to ensure safe operation.
When survey respondents were asked about the most important baby product – baby monitors topped the list. And VTech’s Safe&Sound baby monitors includes many of the features, value and functionality that parents demand in a baby monitor product.
We received the VTech Safe & Sound Full Color Video and Audio Monitor. I have never used a video monitor before so I was excited to check one out!
The first thing to do is hook it up to your wall, or set it up on a dresser. I placed ours up high on the wall and had it so it over looked the entire baby crib.
You can swivel, tilt and zoom the camera so that it gives you the ideal view.
The cord did worry me, so I had it go up and around the window so that it is completely out of baby’s reach as she gets bigger.
I love that you can zoom the camera from the parent unit and that it has Night Viewing – 8 infrared LEDs automatically sense the lighting condition providing full video viewing in dark rooms.
The parent unit has a split screen capability – System supports up to four cameras to be viewed from one Parent Unit. Viewing modes include Single View and Quad View Split Screen
- High Resolution 2.8″ Color LCD – Easily view your baby (or babies) from the 320×240 full color display.
- Full Motion Video – Up to 22 frames per second of full color, dynamic frame rate video provides excellent viewing of all the action in the baby’s room.
- Vibrating Sound Alert – Enjoy some added peace by being silently alerted when there is sound in the baby’s room.
- Temperature Sensor – Parent Unit displays baby’s room temperature. Be assured the conditions are ideal for restful sleep.
- Talk-Back Intercom System – Remotely communicate with your baby from the parent unit to the baby unit. Soothe your baby from another room or even from outdoors.
Overall I really love the simplicity of this video monitor and for one parent unit at $129 dollars it’s a great price for peace of mind!
*A product was provided.