ECS or the endocannabinoid system is a prime part of how our bodies function internally i.e. it is its communication system, fitted with neurotransmitters, and cells, and neurons which, when they speak to each other accomplish a variety of fundamental tasks in making all the wheels turn in the right direction.
There are however some things that trigger a better version of these workings, and one such, that scientists and medical researchers alike have found that works the best so far is known as CBD or cannabidiol, a safe and effective natural marijuana plant extract that has been around for thousands of years but has only come to the surface and been taken apart under the microscope in recent years. Studies such as on this useful site, have seen some breakthrough in improvements on both specific as well as in overall health conditions.
When both are combined, there is an explosive, yet highly beneficial relationship that is produced mainly because of the interaction of the ECS with the CBD. Some of the things this explosive relationship has been found to do is help regulate behavior, moods, and overall experiences of its users.
Let’s dive into the specific things that research has found to take place when the two are combined and as such has been seen to help relieve symptoms of various health conditions and if there are any side-effects, what they are.
ECS and CBD Combination – What Can It Treat?
Firstly, we would like to clear the air of the confusion of what CBD is. One thing it is not is only Marijuana. The famous plant with the vagabond reputation of making people high. To be clear CBD is a phytocannabinoids and typically in any Marijuana plant, you would find the presence of about over 110 different elements, all known as Cannabinoids.
One of the main elements present in it is THC, which is the psychoactive part of the plant, which people smoke to get the euphoria feelings. When the plant is extracted using methods such as winterization, olive oil extraction or the CO2 extraction methods https://wayofleaf.com/cannabis/101/cbd-cannabis-extraction, and the most promising ways can give out the purest form of this product which we now take as oil or tinctures and various other formats.
The combination of all these cannabinoids have been found to have medicinal qualities, and because the one with the most evidence is CBD, it is the more popular of the others. Various health conditions it has been seen to treat include:
- In treating symptoms of pain
- Users find it helped with inflammation
- Has been seen to reduce symptoms of depression
- Many have found a calming effect on their anxiety
- Cancer-related symptoms such as vomiting, pain, hair loss, nausea have all been alleviated
- Powerful stress-reducing effects and high potential of antioxidants
- Lessening or minimizing the effects of tumors
- Patients with different forms of Alzheimer’s have seen a significant difference
- Acne has been reduced and less sebum production
- Helped towards neuroprotective diseases such as multiple sclerosis (a medication just for this has been manufactured that contains both THC and CBD in it. It is a safe and effective oral spray).
- Has been seen to reduce spasm in almost 70% of a group of 200 user trials
- Symptoms associated with epilepsy and Parkinson’s have been minimized
- Heart health has been benefitted
- It has lowered blood pressure significantly
- Used to treat substance abuse and eliminate addictions
- Diabetes inflammation has been reduced by 56%
- Patients with schizophrenia and mental disorders symptoms have found relief
The main process of homeostasis that if triggered in the system is what’s responsible for all of the above continue reading about this here.
If you’re wondering if there are any side-effects of ingesting CBD or using its by-products. It is generally well-tolerated, but some users may find some rare symptoms such as fatigue, weight and appetite changes, and fatigue. If however, you are already taking medication, it is best to consult your GP before taking the oil or products as sometimes it may have a negative effect due to some medications and also those that come with a grapefruit warning.