It’s time to shake off those winter blues and get ready for the warmer days ahead. In honor of the season, Santa Cruz Organic has created a new spin on a pantry staple with Santa Cruz Organic Peanut Powder. Peanut Powder gives you classic peanut flavor without the fat for a lighter version you’ll love.
Celebrate Spring with Santa Cruz Organic
- Don’t buy – DIY. This recipe for homemade Apple Peanut Granola provides a nourishing breakfast that doubles as an easy and portable snack. No mystery ingredients here!
- Practice sustainability for a spring that’s good for you and for the planet. Try to incorporate one new habit each month, whether it’s recycling, conserving water or increasing your home’s efficiency.
- Substitute Santa Cruz Organic Peanut Powder for traditional peanut butter in your smoothies and favorite recipes. With at least 80% less fat and 65% fewer calories than natural organic peanut butter, it’s a great way to lighten up your diet. Each serving of Peanut Powder also has 6g of protein.
And here is the Tasty Homemade Apple Peanut Granola Recipe!
- 3 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup pecan halves, broken
- 1/4 cup brown cane sugar or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup Santa Cruz Organic® Apple Sauce
- 1/4 cup Santa Cruz Organic® Peanut Powder with Milled Chia Seeds
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Combine oats, pecans, brown cane sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in large bowl.
- MICROWAVE apple sauce, peanut powder, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla in small microwave-safe bowl on HIGH 30 seconds. Stir until combined. Pour over oat mixture. Stir until evenly coated. Spread evenly on 2 (15 x 10 x 1-inch) baking pans, breaking up any clumps.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp. Transfer to large bowl. Cool completely. Store in airtight container.
*A product was provided.