On March 29th, Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment releases TANGLED on Blu-ray & DVD. The heart-warming and hilarious hijinks of Rapunzel and her unlikely hero, Flynn Rider, are brought to life by a stellar vocal cast including Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi. Bonus material includes an extensive behind-the-scenes making of featurette, deleted scenes, alternate openings, and more!
When Tangled came out last year in the movie theaters I was not able to take the girls to see it due to the weather. We could not wait to get our hands on a copy! We received Tangled on Blu-Ray yesterday and had a movie and dinner kind of night.
From the moment Tangled started it drew you in, the colors and characters made you want more.
The movie focuses on Rapunzel, a girl with long magical hair who’s lived her entire life imprisoned in a tower by her greedy mother. Naturally optimistic and acquiescent, Rapunzel (Mandy Moore) rarely complains about her circumstances, but for her 18th birthday she longs to leave the tower to see the floating lights that appear every year on her birthday. Her mother (Donna Murphy) refuses her request, but when thief Flynn Ryder (Zachary Levi) climbs the tower to escape his pursuers, Rapunzel (once she’s conked him on the head with a skillet multiple times) impulsively decides to trust the young man and convinces him to help her escape to see the floating lights.
Thus begins a journey that alternates quite schizophrenically between optimistic excitement and guilty remorse that will ultimately change Rapunzel’s and Flynn’s lives forever. Tangled is a masterful blend of humor, adventure, passion, and drama combined with a great musical score and top-notch animation.
I will admit I started to tear up at the end thinking that Flynn dies, and you think all hope is lost when he cuts off her hair. I will admit the scene reminded me of Beauty and the Beast but it was great. The floating lights were breathtaking and seeing them on Blu-Ray was awesome.
This movie is one I would see over and over again…. not to mention my kids were mesmerized the entire time!!! Our recent trip to the theatre to see a Disney Movie they were bored and complained the entire time.
TANGLED’s hair-raising adventure keeps viewers entertained throughout with its exciting storyline and memorable melodies.
“ ‘Tangled’ has all of the qualities we look for in an animated Disney feature… Bravo!”- Leonard Maltin
- Untangled: The Making of a Fairy Tale – Exactly how long is Rapunzel’s hair? How many lanterns were used? Where did Pascal’s name come from? Which Disney animated feature first utilized CG animation? These and more will be answered when Mandy Moore and Zach Levi take viewers on a kooky behind-the-scenes tour to learn how the filmmakers styled this film’s “Golden Tresses.”
- Deleted Scenes – Co-directors Byron Howard and Nathan Greno introduce three scenes and illuminate why they were ultimately cut.
- The Jaunty Moose
- Chemistry Develops
- “Vigor The Visionary”
- Extended Songs – The complete versions of two great songs are shared in a unique feature that explains the co-directors decision to scale them down.
- “When Will My Life Begin”
- “Mother Knows Best”
- Two Original Storybook Openings – Two alternate versions of the film’s opening sequence described by co-directors Nathan Greno and Byron Howard.
- 50th Animated Feature Countdown – A video montage celebrating Tangled as the 50th film to join The Walt Disney Studios’ prestigious lineup of classic animated features.
- 9 Tangled Teasers – A collection of the most unique and quirky commercials made for the theatrical release of “Tangled.” Some are spoofs based off of infomercials and/or breaking news, some are teasers and others are simply just funny filmstrips.
DVD & Movie Download
- Two Original Storybook Openings – Versions 1 & 2
- 50th Animated Feature Countdown