Due to the mild winter, many families and homeowners will be looking for a way to control and eliminate insects without using harsh chemicals and unsightly bug zappers while entertaining outdoors. Black Flag’s Flying Insect Trap is non-toxic and it blends into the backyard to attract bugs and NOT the unwanted attention of family and friends. Black Fly has other great products for keeping your backyard safe and fun for all the summer entertaining.
Flying Insect Trap - Enjoy your backyard without houseflies, wasps and yellow jackets! With the Black Flag Flying Insect Trap you can enjoy, entertain, and relax on your deck or patio all summer long without the worry of houseflies, wasps and yellow jackets. Its powerful lure draws these pests away from your living area and securely traps them.
Wasp and Yellow Jacket Lure – Attracts major yellowjacket species and reated wasps. The lure lasts up to 1 month. Use the lure in the Flying Insect Trap.
Fly Lure – Attracts house flies. The lure lasts up to 1 month. Use the lure in the Flying Insect Trap.
Below are some additional DIY, all-natural ways to control insects in and around your home and garden.
Tips for controlling and eliminating insects while entertaining outdoors:
- Keep gutters clear and direct water from downspouts away from your home.
- Cut back bushes and tree branches around your house.
- Clean up all pet and animal feces promptly.
- Dispose of kitchen scraps and other organic waste properly.
- If you have fruit trees in your yard, pick up any fruit that falls on the ground.
- Place lids on trash and recycling bins and move them away from the house.
- For creepy crawlers, fill mayonnaise sized jars with used coffee grinds and water. The scent will lure bugs in, and the water will drown them so they can’t get out.
- Cucumbers skins have an ingredient that repels bugs including ants, wasps, mites, moths, flies and other insects. Shred the cucumber skins and place them planters and around the perimeter of the patio.
- In and around the patio plant types flowers and herbs that have natural insect repellent in their scent. Some examples: marigolds, rosemary, basil, thyme, Thai lemon grass, catnip, etc.
- Essential oils that have insect-repelling properties include eucalyptus, mint, peppermint, rosemary, lemongrass, clove, citronella and neem. In a spray bottle dilute these oils with rubbing alcohol or a carrier oil like jojoba oil, in a 1to10 part ratio.
Head on over to www.blackflag.com to learn more.
Be sure to read Kristin’s post at Our Ordinary Life, and enter to win her giveaway as well!
One winner will receive one Black Flag Flying Insect Trap, as well as both a fly lure and a wasp and yellow jacket lure
MANDATORY ENTRY: To enter, in a comment tell us what you usually do to keep the insect pests out of your yard during summer entertaining?
For extra entries you may do the following and leave a separate comment for those that you do.
- Twitter (1 entry)(daily – use the retweet button and add @mommymandy in your tweet)
- Share on Facebook
- Like Mommymandy on Facebook (2 entries)
- Like Our Ordinary Life on Facebook
- Follow Our Ordinary Life on Twitter
- Enter Our Ordinary Life’s Giveaway
- Add the giveaway to online-sweepstakes (first person)
- Blog about the giveaway (3 entries)
- Add my main button (1 entry)
- Subscribe to my newsletter (1 entry)
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post. (unlimited entry)
Note: This giveaway is open to US shipping addresses only.
*A product was provided.