While in NYC for BlogHer10 I had the chance to go to the Skechers Shape-ups store for a fun morning walk. I had a massive headache so I ended up walking slow with Jill from Alex Casey Baby (she is so sweet and even looked for Tylenol for me).
Back to the walk! The Shape-up before you “Get Gorgeous” Walk with Andrea Metcalf was awesome. Caryn and I decided to walk down the Skecher store. There is a story on the event called March of Moms. Seriously the coolest shoes ever! …feel the burn!
Steph from Bizzie Mommy took some amazing pictures from the Skecher Walk.
*Photos courtesy of Stephanie from Bizzie Mommy
Since BlogHer 10′ I joined the Skechers Social Ambassadors I had the chance to check out a pair of the new Women’s Resistance Runner – Resistor SRR in pink. These shoes are pretty amazing. When running you don’t hit the ground hard like in a regular par of running shoes, instead you feel like your jumping, or floating in air. I have been shocked at how less my hips hurt from running and I am less sore altogether. I feel like I am getting a better workout wearing the SRR’s then when I wear a regular pair of jogging shoes.
SKECHERS Resistance Runner – Resistor SRR running shoes are the Resistance Runner that has Kinetic Wedge technology designed to help create a more fluid stride that emulates a natural running state. This helps reduce injuries and enhances your performance.
- SKECHERS Resistance Runner -Resistor SRR running shoe has amazing technology to enhance performance
- Leather, synthetic and mesh fabric upper
- Stitching and overlay details
- Mesh side panels with protective overlay
- Side S logo detail
- Lace up front
- Padded collar and tongue
- Soft fabric shoe lining
- Removable Adaptive Comfort Ride cushioned insole
- Kinetic Wedge midsole
- Kinetic Return System midsole
- High Viscosity Kinetic Wedge technology absorbs energy, minimizing impact
- Kinetic Wedge creates resistance to maximize your workout
- High abrasion ultra light rubber outsole
- 1 1/2 inch midsole at center point
- Studies show up to 13.2% more calories burned
- Helps increase postural muscle activation up to 85%
- Helps increase gluteus medius muscle activation up to 71%
- Helps increase calf muscle activation up to 68%
Since receiving the Skecher Shape-ups SRR last week I have worn them now for the past four days while I run, in four days I have increased running a mile in less time. Yeap! I have already taken one minute off my total time. My goal is to get back at running a mile in under 7 minutes. I also have lost 4 lbs by running every day (I am only on day 4) and eating healthier. I can say that the Skecher Shape-Ups SRR has helped me with less impact while running and my hips don’t hurt afterwards.