*A product was provided.
Valentine’s Day isn’t just a holiday for the ladies anymore. With gender roles constantly evolving and more women than ever in the workforce, an increasing amount of women are looking for gift ideas for men. Gifts like perfume, jewelry and pink candy boxes exclusively target women. But what do men want for Valentine’s Day? Sweet Secrets™ Chocolate has eight tips to help choose a gift guys will love.
- Plan Ahead – Start thinking about what gift to get at least two weeks ahead of time. This will save you from the last-minute rush and ensure the gift you choose will be in stock and shipped in time.
- Avoid Sending Flowers – Valentine’s Day falls on a Friday this year which means that flowers sent to the office will sadly wilt over the weekend. Go with something more lasting or something that can be easily carried home from the office (and when was the last time you saw a man carrying flowers home from the office?)
- Remember, He’s A Dude – Unless your guy is in touch with his feminine side, avoid sending frilly valentines, teddy bears, heart balloons or anything else that may embarrass him – especially if you’re sending it to his work where his co-workers will see it.
- Compliment His Interests – A gift that supports a man’s hobbies is a great gift idea. It sends a message that you know what he likes, and it will make him think of you when he is using it. Bonus!
- Ask His Friends – Not sure what to get your guy? Ask his friends! Even if they can’t pinpoint an exact gift idea, give them options like tools, sports stuff, clothes or food and see which one they would recommend.
- Include A Note – While sending a gift is always nice, Valentine’s Day is a great time to let people know how you feel. Include a simple card or note with your gift to show much you care in words. If you’re lucky, he’ll get the hint and do the same with your next gift. Here’s hoping…
- Encourage Time Together – Pick a gift that offers something the two of you can do together. Tickets to a show or game, a weekend away or even a dessert the two of you can share offer a chance for you to spend time together.
- Make It Sweet – Men have a sweet tooth too and chocolate is a great gift for Valentine’s Day.
Think beyond the traditional heart-shaped box of chocolates and consider something new and different like a Chocolate Pretzel Pizza from Sweet Secrets Chocolate. They offer the perfect combo of salty and sweet goodness and are sure to make the perfect gift for your guy.
*A product was provided.