Baby at 2 Months:
In general, by the end of your baby’s second month, she will likely be able to do the following:
- Smile when you touch or talk to her
- React to loud sounds by startling, crying, or getting very quiet
- No longer keep her hands in tight fists
- Begin recognizing you and your partner as the parents
- Be able to lift her chest off the floor using her forearms for support
Your 2-month-old baby learns by watching everyone, especially you, and how people interact with each other. She is attaching and bonding, while also learning that she is a separate person. Your personality and the different experiences she witnesses can help shape her relationships with others.