My father in law’s favorite cookie is Russian Tea Cakes which are also known as Mexican Wedding Ball Cookies. So every year for Christmas I make him he very own batch.
These cookies are super easy to make and take no time at all to prep and then to bake. They also taste really good and add a little dimension to any Holiday Cookie Platter.
Make sure that you roll them 1 inch or even smaller. If you roll them too big them you end up with a powdered sugar mess. Smaller rolled balls makes perfect little bites.
|Russian Tea Cakes Recipe||
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Mix butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and the vanilla in large bowl. Stir in flour, nuts and salt until dough holds together.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set but not brown. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool slightly on wire rack.
- Roll warm cookies in powdered sugar; cool on wire rack. Roll in powdered sugar again.