For Easter, Kellogg’s created a Rice Krispies Hidden Surprise Easter Egg Treats recipe, a playful variation on the Original Rice Krispies Treats– the main difference is the egg shape and hidden candies inside.
There is plenty of opportunity to be creative and unique with your children by using candies, frosting or decorating gel.
What kid wouldn’t love to make these awesome egg shaped Rice Krispie Treats? After making them wrap them up in cellophane and include them in the egg hunt!
We can not wait to make our own Rice Krispies Hidden Surprise Easter Egg Treats.
Here is the super easy recipe to make them at home!
- 3 tablespoonsbutter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40)regular marshmallows
- – OR –
- 4 cupsminiature marshmallows
- 6 cupsKellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1/2 cupM&M’S® Brand Chocolate Candies
- Canned frosting or decorating gel (optional)
- 12Plastic snap-apart 3 x 2-in Easter eggs
1. Clean, then coat inside of plastic eggs with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
3. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
4. Using greased hands, firmly press 1/4 cup of the cereal mixture into each plastic egg half. Use fingers to make hollow center in each half. Remove from molds. Place on wax paper. Cool slightly.
5. Place about 6 M&M’S® Brand Chocolate Candies in one half of each egg. Gently press two halves of each egg together until they stick. Cool completely.
6. Decorate with frosting and additional M&M’S® Brand Chocolate Candies (if desired). Best if served the same day.
ONE winner will receive their own Hidden Surprise Easter Egg Treats which includes:
- Ribbon Easter basket
- Boxes of Rice Krispies
- Jet-Puffed Marshmallows
- A package of Pastel M&Ms
- Recipe Card
*Kellogg Company® has provided me with a Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® Hidden Surprise Easter Egg TreatsTM Basket to conduct a reader giveaway. However, my opinions on the product are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive sentiments towards Kellogg Company® or their products.