With the girls I packed the clothes they would wear coming home from the hospital in my over night bag. I knew the hospital would provide a lot of the stuff we would need for baby, like wipes and diapers, blankets even a baby hat. But with a birth center birth we bring everything we need for mom and baby!
I already packed up the bag for Shelby. I can’t believe that she will be here in only a few weeks! With a birth center birth we will be going home within 4-6 hours after baby’s birth so we do not have to pack a lot. I’d rather be prepared just in case of a hospital transport, and be over packed then not have enough for us.
- 2 outfits – one sleeper, one gown. The gown is the same one both my older girls wore.
- 3 hats – small cream one is hat that will be placed on her head right after birth and depending on which outfit she wears home she will wear the matching hat.
- binkies – probably wont need them but bringing them just in case.
- thick blanket
- swaddle blanket
- diapers and wipes – We are using disposable diapers for the meconium stage.
- baby wash/lotion
- baby comb
- headband for labor/delivery to keep my hair out of my face
- extra hair bands
- hairbrush/tooth brush/tooth paste
- sweats for going home
- sports bra
- nursing tank
- 2 pairs old undies
- pair of socks
- Camera Bag – will have iphone/ipad charger, camera charger, video recorder & charger
- Baby Book
- Pillow and boppy
- Birth Binder
What did you pack? Anything else I’m forgetting?