*Information was provided to share to raise awareness.
As a new mom there are so many things we are told to do, not to do, so many products that we “must have”. It can be so overwhelming and frustrating all at the same time. But one thing all of us moms think about is the safety of our babies during their sleep and the importance of putting them to bed in a safe place.
With all of my kids we turned to HALO for their SleepSacks and SleepSacks Swaddles for our infants. The SleepSacks offer to keep my babies warm and we don’t have to add in any extra blankets in the crib with the babies.
Safe Sleep TipsShare these tips with all caregivers to ensure safe sleep for your baby:
- Place baby to sleep on his or her back at naptime and at night time.
- Use a crib that meets current safety standards with a firm mattress that fits snugly and is covered with only a tight-fitting crib sheet.
- Remove all soft bedding and toys from your baby’s sleep area (this includes loose blankets, bumpers, pillows and positioners). The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests using a wearable blanket instead of loose blankets to keep your baby warm.
- Offer a pacifier when putting baby to sleep. If breastfeeding, introduce pacifier after one month or after breastfeeding has been established.
- Breastfeed, if possible, but when finished, put your baby back to sleep in his or her separate safe sleep area alongside your bed.
- Room share, but don’t bed share. Bed sharing can put a child at risk of suffocation.
- Never put your baby to sleep on any soft surface (adult beds, sofas, chairs, water beds, quilts, sheep skins etc.)
- Never dress your baby too warmly for sleep; keep room temperature 68-72 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Never allow anyone to smoke around your baby or take your baby into a room or car where someone has recently smoked.
Learn more about HALO SleepSacks and get more tips at www.halosleep.com