Congratulations, you’ve just had a baby!
While this is an exciting new chapter in your life, you’re probably also overwhelmed.
Baby advice is coming at you a mile a minute, and you’re still trying to figure out how to fit all your baby’s items in your house.
But wait, you have to buy those items first.
With so much information being thrown at new parents, it’s often times too much to handle.
Starting with baby necessities is a daunting task when the store shelves are loaded with ten different types of bottles, wipes, and diapers.
Where do you start?
Here we’ll give you an easy checklist to help you purchase all the important items you’ll need for your new baby.
Unlike the days of the cavemen, your baby can not rock a leaf diaper in the first couple years of its life.
So, you’ll need to make sure he or she is clothed and comfortable.
All of the cute baby clothes in baby boutique can make any new parent want to buy every single item.
But you should make sure you start with the basics:
- Onesies. A huge wardrobe statement for newborns is the ever loved onesie. Make sure you choose enough long sleeve and short sleeve options, depending on the season. These easy go-to’s are perfect for keeping baby comfy – and they’re super convenient for new parents.
- One-piece sleepers. Zip-up sleepers are ideal for changing baby’s diaper in the middle of the night. On and off in one zip, and they’re warm for a good night’s rest.
- Socks & Mittens. Make sure your little one’s toes and fingers are warm by investing in plenty of baby socks and mittens. Mittens also prevent baby from scratching his or herself while they sleep.
- Stretchy pants. Boy or girl, your baby will look adorable in the ever popular stretchy pants. These can be fit over onesies, and they’re easy for diaper changing. They come in a variety of colors and prints and will ensure your baby is comfortable and stylish.
- Jackets/Coats. Depending on when your baby is born, you’ll definitely need a jacket and/or coat to keep them warm in the cooler months. Don’t forget to add a hat to keep their head warm.
Once you’ve gotten the basics in your baby’s closet, you’re all set to get them the cute clothes in the boutiques that always melt a new parent’s heart.
Whether you’re nursing or bottle-feeding, you have to make sure your baby is equipped with the feeding essentials.
- Burp cloths
- Nursing pillow
- Bottle cleaning essentials (cleaning tools like a bottle brush, thermal bottle bag)
Aside from feeding and clothing your baby, you’ll need to make sure you have the following essentials:
- Diapers. Whether they’re disposable or cloth, these will be a necessity.
- Bathing items. A baby tub, baby shampoo and soap, and tons of washcloths and towels to make bath time easy.
- Crib or bassinet. Depending on how you plan to have baby sleep, their own place to rest their head is ideal.
- Stroller/car seat. Keep your baby safe while on the go.
Bringing home a new baby is an exciting, and sometimes challenging, journey.
Make sure you’re ready with all of the essential items.
Are there any other items you think are necessities?