With this baby being our fourth little one I have had a chance to compile a list of things every mom needs for Postpartum and Recovery. Some of these items you actually want right away and to pack in your hospital Bag!
- Nursing tanks – If you will be breastfeeding make sure to pack a nursing tank. You will probably be nursing quite often and need easy access to your breasts. Nursing tanks make it a lot easier to stay covered up and only have your breasts exposed. I personally like the long tanks by GlamourMom.
- Nursing Bra or Sports Bra– if you are nursing then a good bra is so important. I personally like mine from Bravado Designs.
- One size larger underwear – You will want the extra room for your pad and also so no elastic is tight around your waist or thighs. Might as well buy a package of the boy short style and then after your lochia is gone you can just toss them all.
- Yoga Pants/Lounge wear– Comfortable clothes are going to be your friend
- Overnight Kotex pads – When I went to purchase the pads for after baby is born I went with the long overnight ones. They are super absorbent and with them being really long you don’t have to worry about leaks.
- Peri Bottle – If you are having a Hospital Birth then you will be able to get one while there. using the peri bottle with warm water feels great on your sore and swollen bottom.
- Witch Hazel Pads- Also known as Tucks.
- Stool Softener– Trust me, you want to take these as soon as you can postpartum, they truly helped make that first bowel movement so much easier.
- Nursing Pads – I made my own nursing pads with Shelby but I also really like the Nuk Washable Nursing Pads.
- Nipple Cream – I like Motherlove because all ingredients are safe for ingestion, so it does not need to be washed off prior to breastfeeding baby.
Other Must Haves:
- A large water bottle with straw– My older sister gave me this awesome water bottle that had the ounces on the outside that allowed you to insert a straw. They were given to her in the hospital after she had both of her babies and since she had two she gave me one.
- Chapstick – My lips got so dry after I gave birth I needed to have chap stick around
- Hair ties– a pony tail will be your best friend!