With it being Memorial Weekend you might be wondering what kind of easy and yummy treats to make right? How about a yummy Double Chocolate Monkey Bread by Pillsbury?!
- 2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet
- 1¼ cups chocolate chips
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened baking cocoa
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Powdered sugar, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- Unroll each can of dough into 1 large rectangle; if using crescent roll dough, press perforations to seal. Cut each rectangle into 8 rows by 3 rows, to make 24 pieces per rectangle (48 pieces of dough total).
- Place about 8 chocolate chips in center of dough piece; shape dough into a ball around chocolate. Pinch dough to seal. Repeat with remaining dough and chocolate chips.
- In small bowl, mix granulated sugar and cocoa. Roll dough balls in sugar mixture until coated. Place dough balls in cake pan. Sprinkle any remaining sugar mixture over dough. Pour melted butter on top.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until no longer doughy in center. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Run knife around edge of pan to loosen. Place heatproof serving plate over pan; carefully turn plate and pan over. Remove pan; immediately scrape any remaining topping from pan onto bread. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve warm.
If your looking for some more Monkey Bread Recipes then check these out:
- Maple Bacon Monkey Bread
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Monkey Bread
- Cheesy Jalapeño Popper Monkey Bread
- Garlic Parmesan Monkey Bread
- Cheesy Rosemary Monkey Bread Rolls
*We received coupons from Pillsbury to share these recipes.