Cheryl Burke from Dancing With The Stars has some great tips on keeping your shoes protected during the winter.
Confident. Chic. Trendy. Casual. Your shoes can reveal many things about your sense of style. But whether you are a career-minded fashionista or a busy mom on-the-go, nothing can ruin a great outfit more than a scuffed or dirty pair of shoes. Unruly shoes can make it seem like you don’t care about your appearance or worse yet, that you aren’t willing to put your best foot forward.
As a professional dancer, I always make sure my shoes are in tip-top shape – both on the dance floor and in my everyday life. Just because your shoes may look tired, doesn’t mean you have to break the bank to replace them. There are simple, wallet-friendly steps every woman can take to extend the life of her shoes and still look fabulous. Here are some steps I take to keep my shoes in star condition, ensuring that I’m always looking and feeling my best.
- Clean before you polish. Dirt and other debris can easily get stuck in leather shoes. Be sure to clean your shoes to remove excess dirt and debris prior to polishing.
- Protect while storing. Don’t just throw your shoes on the floor of your closet after wearing. Store leather shoes using a shoetree to help retain the shape of the leather. If a shoetree won’t work (such as for strappy shoes), stuff the toe-cap with newspaper or tissue. Never store or dry leather shoes near direct heat.
- Protect your suede. You should always protect your suede shoes before you wear them for the first time – especially Uggs and other shoe and boots that you plan to wear in inclement weather. KIWI’s Suede & Nubuck Protector provides maximum protection against water and stains without darkening or discoloring the shoe. In addition, if your suede shoes get completely soaked, stuff them with newspaper while they dry to help keep their shape. Always allow them to dry naturally, away from direct heat.
- Pack smart. If traveling, place your shoes inside a shoe bag or wrap them in a soft material for additional protection.
- Be comfortable. So many women stuff their feet into narrow, inflexible shoes day in and day out. If you aren’t ready to trade in your stilettos for flats, check out KIWI® SMILING FEET® clear gel inserts. KIWI SMILING FEET products can slide into any shoe – open-toe, closed-toe or stiletto – so you can go all day and not worry about foot pain.
For additional tips on protecting and caring for your best shoes or for information on the KIWI products I use to keep my shoes in star condition, visit www.KIWIcare.com.
A product was received for this post. Celebrity Cheryl Burke supplied content as a Celebrity Guest Blogger.