On Monday August 30th after the Kindergartners were out of school I sat down with the moms of the class for some yummy food and awesome chat for a Kellogg’s breakfast!
Our day started off pretty early, and The Motherhood even sent out their fabulous Erin to help me with my Breakfast! Oh my she was such a huge help and I couldn’t have pulled this off without her! (Thank You Erin)
I decided to make the Kellogg’s Corn Pops Frittata, which was served to us at the Breakfast in NYC while attending BlogHer10.
Created by Shiraz Events Catering Division exclusively for the Kellogg’s® Mom’s Breakfast Club Breakfast in New York City on August 7, 2010
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup Kellogg’s® Corn Pops®
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus ¼ teaspoon salt for seasoning vegetables
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper, plus ¼ teaspoon pepper for seasoning vegetables
- 2 tablespoons green part of scallions, sliced in rings
- 1 ear of fresh corn
- 1 poblano pepper (or 2 small jalapenos)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons blended olive and canola oil
1. Preheat grill or broiler. Crack eggs into large bowl, whisk well to incorporate. Add pepper and salt. Add Kellogg’s® Corn Pops®. Set aside.
2. Coat corn and poblano pepper with 1 Tablespoon of the blended oil, toss with salt and pepper. If using grill; place corn and pepper on grill and allow corn to get lightly grilled. Remove and with a knife, remove corn kernels from cob and discard cob. The poblano can stay longer on grill until ALL surfaces are black and look burnt. Remove and place in a small bowl covered with plastic wrap or a clean paper bag. This will help the blackened skins loosen. When cool enough to handle, remove blackened skin from pepper with a paper towel or your hands. Lay pepper on cutting board and make a slit from top to bottom. Remove seeds. Cut pepper into a small dice and add corn kernels, peppers, scallions, and ¾ of the cheese to the egg mixture.
3. Heat an oven-proof 10-inch (non-stick) saute pan on the stove at medium high heat. Add blended oil to pan and heat until almost smoking. Pour egg mixture into pan and stir with rubber spatula. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until the egg mixture has set on the bottom and begins to set up on top. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
4. Place pan into oven and broil for 3 to 4 minutes, until lightly browned and fluffy. Remove from pan and cut into 6 or 8 servings. Serve immediately.
®, ™, © 2010 Kellogg NA Co. Kellogg Kitchens recipes are the property of the Kellogg Company.
Shiraz Events is a full-service boutique events firm. Shiraz Events’ work in design, production, catering and staffing is known for a distinguished sense of style, savoir fare, and attention to detail. Shiraz works on events nationally and maintains offices in both New York and Miami. www.shirazevents.com
After the moms got their Breakfast/Lunch we sat around and chatted about our morning routines, how we get the kids ready for school and tricks on getting them to eat healthy meals, not just for breakfast but all day long.
The moms were surprised to hear that children’s sugar intake at breakfast makes up for only about 5% of their daily sugar intake.
The moms also were impressed that Kellogg video skyped Senior Brand Manager Trinh Le into the breakfast. She answered questions, she shared information and she asked the moms some very interesting questions. She also gave us a little more info about breakfast cereal.
The moms really enjoyed themselves and loved the Frittatas. They were all shocked that there was corn pops in it!
A HUGE thank you to the wonderful Emily and Cooper from The Motherhood in creating Mom Breakfast Clubs to start conversations with moms about breakfast routines, breakfast choices and how cereal plays a role in a mom’s life. It was so much fun being apart of this group, the breakfast in NYC was amazing!