Looking for a tasty treat to make this Holiday Season for your kids and their friends? My girls and I had fun making these adorable Candy Candy Chocolate Lollipops for their Girl Scout and Nutcracker Friends!
What you Need:
- Wilton Candy Melts (one bag made approx. 20 of these lollipops)
- Small Candy Canes (2 for each lollipop
- Holiday Sprinkles
- Lollipop Sticks
- Cellophane bags and ribbon
You can use the oven to help the candy canes stick together, but I tried this without the oven and it worked perfectly.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper (so your melted chocolate doesn’t stick)
- Place two candy canes together to form a heart (leave room on your baking sheet for the sticks)
- Place your lollipop sticks through the middle of both candy canes. I made the sticks touch the top of the “heart curve” so that it wouldn’t break easily when the kids ate them.
- Melt your chocolate candy. You can do this in a double boiler, or the microwave. I recommend getting the Wilton ceramic candy melting bowls because they keep your candy melted and are designed for the melting candy.
- Use a small tablespoon to spoon the candy inside your candy canes. You can smooth out the chocolate if you want. make sure you cover all areas inside your candy canes and add a few extra dabs near the lollipop stick.
- Add your sprinkles
- Let completely cool/harden before moving and wrap them in your cellophane bags. Tie off with festive ribbon.