Last weekend the girls and I headed out to Disneyland for a fun full day and to check out what Disneyland is offering for Park Visitors this month!
We started our day off by visiting the Family Day Media Party. We spent a few hours having fun, getting face paintings, characetures done, meeting Villains, Mickey Mouse, and eating lots of yummy treats!
After having some fun we decided to check out DCA first (Disney California Adventure). We spent a ton of time at California Adventure. The girls had a blast riding all the different rides and we got to check out Cars Land too!
Once we made our way over to Disneyland it was already 5 pm and we had some Fast Passes we couldn’t wait to use! YES I highly recommend getting Fast Passes! We had them for Space mountain and when we got there at 5:30 the wait line was 75 minutes. I went on with Samantha and our wait was a total of 10 minutes. Then we received Parent Swap Pass, where you get to swap seats with the adult who has to wait (Jillian waited with the baby). Always ask about the Adult/Parent Swap Pass!
We spent a lot of time in Toon Town. The girls were disappointed they didn’t get to meet any Princesses but there truly is way to much to do in one day!
We ended our day walking into Mickey’s House and had no idea we would get to meet him. Totally made the entire day when Shelby ran to him and gave him a hug!
The Happiest Place on Earth gets spookier as Halloween Time returns with Disney villains, Mickey Mouse and his friends in Halloween costumes, a Dia de los Muertos celebration and the special after-hours Mickey’s Halloween Party at Disneyland Park. In addition, popular attractions are transformed for the season into Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy as the Disneyland Resort celebrates Halloween Time through Halloween, Thursday, Oct. 31.
Halloween Time will get underway this year with “Villains Unleashed,” a one-night-only Limited Time Magic celebration of Disney Villains on Friday, Sept. 13, in Disneyland Town Square. Villains such as Captain Hook, the Queen of Hearts, Judge Frollo from “The Hunchback of Notre Dame” and Lady Tremaine from “Cinderella” will appear for photos and character greetings, and guests will be invited to “Party Like a Villain.”
The Halloween Time celebration offers frightful fun for guests of all ages, with favorite attractions such as The Twilight Zone™ Tower of Terror at Disney California Adventure Park, where a “supernatural” event happened on Halloween evening, 1939, forever haunting the building with spine-tingling fun. Also at Disney California Adventure, the nighttime Mad T Party in Hollywood Land gets some new Halloween spice. Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee welcome guests to a “Dead Man’s Party” featuring Halloween music and a chilling new look for the Mad T Party band.
At Disneyland, guests enjoy the thrills of Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy in Tomorrowland. The experience begins as a typical Space Mountain adventure, but suddenly launches voyagers into a haunted section of the universe. Ghosts appear out of the starry darkness and swirling galaxies of Space Mountain, reaching out as if to grab guests as they speed through space. The exhilarating drops and curves are punctuated by piercing screams, creepy sound effects and haunting music.
Jack Skellington also returns to take over the Haunted Mansion and bring Haunted Mansion Holiday back to New Orleans Square in Disneyland. Transformed with a mix of Halloween spookiness and Christmas tradition, Haunted Mansion Holiday is inspired by the classic animated film “Tim Burton’s Nightmare Before Christmas.” This year, in celebration of Haunted Mansion Holiday’s 13th year, guests can look for new surprises within the Mansion.
In addition to Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy:
- Main Street, U.S.A. in Disneyland is transformed for the Pumpkin Festival, with hundreds of pumpkins on display, no two of them the same.
- Disney Villains will be conjured up in a sideshow tent at the Halloween Carnival at Big Thunder Ranch in Frontierland.
- Guests at the Halloween Carnival in Big Thunder Ranch also will find favorite Disney characters in Halloween costumes, along with pumpkin carvers, Halloween décor and activities for youngsters.
- Pirates League moves into Halloween Carnival this year. At Pirates League, guests age three and up can live their pirate dreams and learn the ways of the seven seas by choosing one of four pirate transformation options: Jake and the Never Land Pirates, First Mate, Empress (created especially for pirate princesses) and a new Ghost Pirate makeover. For Pirates League reservations call 714-781-STYLE / 714-781-7895.
- Frontierland observes Dia de los Muertos with a traditional skeleton display that will remain through Sunday, Nov. 3.
*We received Media Tickets.