*This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.#BigGameTreats #CollectiveBias
My family and I are so excited for the BIG GAME next weekend! Our team is playing and we are busy making plans for a really fun party! I knew right away I wanted to make some tasty treats for everyone and since I am thirty six weeks pregnant the only thing I want to eat is SNICKERS® (what can I say it’s my favorite candy bar).
I headed to my local Walmart to get all the goodies I will need to make some tasty treats for the Big Game. I wanted to make SNICKERS® Dipped Apples as well as SNICKERS® Dipped Pretzel Rods. The pretzel rods are the perfect combination of sweet and salty. I also picked up some yummy Skittles® because everyone loves a bowl full of these yummy candies.
You can find all the different candy available at Walmart in the Candy Isle which is located in the food section (if your Walmart has the grocery section).
To make the SNICKERS® Dipped Apples is extremely easy and takes hardly any time at all.
- SNICKERS® Minis Size
- Honey Crisp Apples
- Apple Corer
- Lemon Juice in ice water
- Start with washing your apples and then use an apple corer to take the core out of your apple or you can use a knife and cut the apple.
- soak the apple slices in an ice water bath with a few squirts of lemon juice. The lemon juice helps keep the apples from browning (soak your apples while you melt your SNICKERS®
- In a Double-boiler melt your SNICKERS® Minis (this takes about 5 minutes and constant stirring)
- After your SNICKERS® have melted remove from heat
- Pat dry your apple slices on a paper towel and then dip your apples in the melted SNICKERS®
- Place your dipped apples on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet
- Put your dipped apples in the freezer for about 20 minutes so the SNICKERS® can re-harden. (don’t leave them in too long or they will get soggy)
To make the Pretzel Rods you follow the same directions with the double boiler but instead of “dipping” the pretzels I found spooning the melted SNICKERS® onto a larger spoon and then “rolling” the pretzels in the melted SNICKERS® worked easiest.