I am not a Sugar Cookie fan. In fact I usually stay away from them, but I knew that the girls would have fun decorating them and what is Christmas without some Sugar Cookies? Now I wanted to use an easy recipe that would make GOOD cookies. The problem I usually have is that no matter what recipe I use the cookies are hard and crispy. I like soft moist cookies.
If your like me, and like soft moist cookies this is the recipe for you!
|Easy Sugar Cookie Recipe||
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
Of course the kids had fun decorating cookies too!