When I was picked to make up a recipe using the George Foreman Removable-Plate Grill I couldn’t wait. I knew I wanted to do something that was light and fresh for the summer. Out here in Texas it is HOT and I wanted to make something that didn’t make the kitchen heat up.
I decided to grill some chicken on the George Foreman Removable-Plate Grill, make jasmine rice and a mango salsa.
Sarah helped us make dinner. We have learned that by letting the kids help in the kitchen they are more likely to try new foods (like the mango salsa)
|Grilled Chicken over Jasmine Rice with a Mango Salsa||
- thinly sliced chicken breasts
- package of microwavable jasmine rice (if you don’t know how to make it in a rice cooker)
- 1 chopped Mango
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 lime (will only use the juice of half the lime)
- We purchased already thinly sliced chicken so all we had to do was place it on the grill to cook. We did add a little salt and pepper to season the chicken.
- While your chicken is grilling make your mango salsa. Just add all the ingredients into a bowl and squeeze half of a lime juice into the salsa, mix well and set aside in fridge to chill while your chicken is cooking.
- If your chicken is already sliced thin you don’t have to do anything to it unless you want to cut off any fat or tendons. Just place it on your grill, add a little salt and pepper and lit the George Foreman Removable-Plate Grill work it’s magic and grill it for 12-15 minutes.
*Disclosure: I was provided with the George Foreman Removable-Plate Grill through Family Review Network for the purpose of creating this sandwich for the contest. Thoughts and recipe all my own.