When I first heard about the Cuisinart Rice Plus Multi-Cooker I was a little skeptical. I pride myself in my rice making skills. Ask my husband! He will agree that I can make a mean pot of sticky rice. We bought a Japanese rice cooker about 3.5 years ago and it’s one of the most used items in the kitchen. So I really was skeptical that the Cuisinart Rice Plus Multi-Cooker with Fuzzy Logic Technology would be better then the rice cooker I have now.
I have to say that I am impressed though. Our rice cooker doesn’t cook all the different kinds of rice differently, nor does it cook oatmeal.
Cuisinart introduces a smarter way to cook rice…and a lot of other dishes, as well. Introducing the Rice Plus Multi-Cooker, the first product from Cuisinart with advanced fuzzy logic technology. This built-in “brain” senses fluctuations in cooking and automatically adjusts operation to ensure perfect results. With pre-programmed settings for six types of rice, plus oatmeal, soup, steam, slow cooking, and more – and easy dishwasher cleanup – this is destined to become a favorite.
I decided the first thing I was going to make with the Cuisinart Rice Plus Multi-Cooker was oatmeal. We had to go to a brunch yesterday with friends and I thought it would be great to make oatmeal and take it with us. Not only was it super easy to use, I loved not having to sit and stir the oatmeal! It was awesome, not to mention it tasted good. When the oatmeal was done cooking I stirred in brown super, raisins and walnuts to complete it. Then we unplugged the cooker and used the nifty handle to take to my friend’s house. I’d say from the time of unplugging to eating it was about 30 minutes and the oatmeal was still very hot! I couldn’t believe at how well it kept the food warm and the fact that the oatmeal didn’t turn to mush really impressed me.
All I had to do was put in the oats and water, push start and leave it!
Came back when it was done and it was completely cooked:
- Equipped with fuzzy logic technology for perfect results every time
- Pre-programmed menu options including White Rice, Sushi Rice, Brown Rice, Risotto, Oatmeal, Slow Cooking, Steaming, and Soup, as well as Quick Cooking and a Reheat function
- Automatically switches to Keep Warm after cooking is complete, for up to 24 hours
- Programmable Finish Time allows user to set when dish will be ready
- Makes up to 15 cups of cooked rice
- Non-stick aluminum cooking pot
- Easy-to-use/easy-to-read control panel and backlit blue LCD display for easy use
- Removable steam release and inner lid for easy cleaning
- All removable parts are dishwasher safe
- Includes steaming rack, measuring cup, rice paddle and spoon
- Basic to gourmet recipes included
I love the neat look of the cooker too! I cna not wait to make rice and soups too! I can tell that this is going to be a staple in our home for meal time.
“DISCLOSURE: MommyMandy complies with FTC. You can read my Review or Giveaway Disclosures here: Review/Giveaway Policy. A product was received for review. All opinions are my own.”