Chef Scott assembles some healthy game day snacks with items that can usually be found in your fridge and pantry. Come game day, we’re often tempted to grab the chips and dip before we settle in on the couch.
For recipes, visit BeeWellForLife.com.
GAME DAY RECIPES
Salmon Pita Sandwich
1 can (5 oz) Bumble Bee® Prime Fillet® Atlantic Salmon, Skinless and Boneless, drained
1 hard-boiled egg, chopped (he notes eggs but it only says 1. Please adjust to correct.)
2 tbsp Greek yogurt or light sour cream
2 whole wheat pitas 4 slices cucumber
¼ cup mixed salad greens
Salt and pepper, to season
*Makes two Salmon Pita Sandwiches
Most of the items should be found in a average house hold. Warming the pita will make it easier to work with.
Hard boil the egg by placing in a medium pot and adding enough water to cover the egg. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 8 to 12 minutes. To cool the egg down more quickly, drain the hot water, add cold water and ice cubes. Peel the egg immediately. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the drained salmon with the yogurt or light sour cream, season with salt and pepper.
Rough chop hard-boiled egg and add to the salmon mixture.
Gently slice the top of the pitas and open.
Line the pitas evenly with the sliced cucumbers and mixed greens.
Add the salmon salad evenly to both pitas
Tomato And Tuna Salad
- 1 can (5 oz) Bumble Bee® Prime Fillet® Tonno in Olive Oil
- 2 medium summer tomatoes or heirloom tomatoes, cubed
- Few Thin Slices of Red or Sweet Onion
- 3 basil leaves, torn
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- Balsamic Vinegar to taste
- Virgin Olive Oil to taste (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Arrange the tomatoes on the bottom of a serving dish
- Lightly drain the Tonno, but keep some of the natural oil on the tuna, arrange on top of the tomatoes
- Place thin-sliced onions on top
- Lightly tear the basil leaves and scatter
- Dress with a small amount of balsamic vinegar and virgin olive oil
- Lightly season with salt and cracked pepper
*No compensation was received for this post. As a member of the Bee Squad, I receive product samples and information. The company also sponsored my trip to BlogHer 2012. BumbleBee Foods is not a sponsor of Blogher.