The KILZ brand recently unveiled KILZ Clean Start primer, a zero VOC sealer and stainblocker that’s perfect for busy moms on a budget.
They want moms like you to know DIY décor projects CAN be done with minimal time and money – and starting with a coat of KILZ Clean Start primer gives you a clean slate to get the job done right.
The $500 Room Makeover contest from the KILZ brand will give busy moms like you the boost they need to take on a DIY décor project. Not only will they be entered to win a $500 Wal-Mart gift certificate to use for a design project of their choice – they’ll also have access to Lisa’s personal design tips, before & after room photos and shopping list suggestions on www.KILZCleanStart.com to get them started!
Anyone can enter the contest. Here’s how:
Visit www.KILZCleanStart.com and browse Lisa’s project tips to help pick the room you want to enter for a makeover.
Click on the “WIN” tab to enter the contest in a matter of minutes – just by telling your friends which project you’d choose! You’ll be prompted to:
1. Tweet your message on Twitter, and/or
2. Post your message on a mommy blogger’s comments page
Entering the contest is quick and easy. We’ll give you a general message and direct links to Tweet or blog it. You’ll be just a few clicks away!
ABOUT KILZ CLEAN START
– KILZ Clean Start primer is a zero VOC*, high performance interior/exterior water-based primer, sealer and stainblocker, and is perfect for at-home paint enthusiasts and professionals alike.
* (What’s a VOC? VOC stands for volatile organic compound – a gas or vapor emitted by various solids or liquids.)
– The zero VOC and low-odor formula addresses concerns related to VOCs while delivering the quality performance expected from other KILZ brand primers.
– Availability: KILZ Clean Start can be found at select retailers nationwide.
– Pricing: Suggested pricing is between $21-$25/gallon depending on location
Prime every time for fewer top coats and better coverage and durability. Priming will give you a truer top coat color, better coverage and long-lasting finish. One coat of primer dries in less than an hour and allows for fewer top coats – saving you time and money down the road.
TIPS JUST FOR MOM
– The 2009 KILZ brand Roller Report found that one in five moms spends more time and money on her child’s room than other areas of her home. Let your child’s creativity run wild by asking them to choose their own paint colors. Don’t be afraid if they choose bright pinks or greens – they can be easily covered with a high-quality primer as tastes change. Water-based paints and zero VOC products like KILZ Clean Start primer are a good choice for a child’s room.
WHAT YOUR DÉCOR SAYS ABOUT YOU
– DIY Décor Trumps Diamonds. According to the 2009 KILZ Brand Roller Report most women (85 percent) would prefer a $5,000 room makeover versus an equally pricey pair of diamond stud earrings, and 88 percent of men would prefer a $5,000 deck or garage makeover versus a watch with the same price tag. You don’t need to spend a fortune to give your living space a facelift. Applying a fresh coat of primer and paint is the easiest way to transform a space with minimal time and money.
– Ladies, Your Friends Have an Opinion About Your Home Décor. Fifty-one percent of women polled in the 2009 KILZ brand Roller Report dislike the décor in at least one room in their best friend’s home, but only 55 percent would tell them. Don’t let this deter you! Pick a design that reflects you and don’t be afraid to play with color and dramatic accents – they’ll make it feel more personal. Starting fresh with a coat of KILZ Clean Start primer means you can change colors until you find one that fits you best.
– Make an Entrance. The entryway is your home’s first impression. Spark visitors’ imagination with beautiful flooring, unique art and warm, bright lighting. Tuck away shoes, umbrellas and coats, leaving only a vase of flowers on a table. The walls should complement the rest of your home and offer a preview of what’s to come. Avoid excessively bright colors, instead opting for a neutral hue that will tie your rooms together
– Bright Walls Are a Buzz Kill for Men. Sixty-six percent of men say they prefer neutral walls to bolds in women’s’ homes, according to the 2009 KILZ brand Roller Report. Bold colors are a great way to express yourself, but they can be distracting to a suitor. Change walls to more appealing neutrals by starting with a high quality primer like KILZ Clean Start. Start with a neutral palette and introduce your own style through colorful accent pieces like paintings, area rugs, floral arrangements and candlesticks.
– Quick Kitchen Updates. The kitchen is the most used, equipment-heavy and expensive-to-renovate room in the home, but it makes a huge impact on visitors. New appliances have the greatest impact on a kitchen but can be costly. If you want to make a change for a smaller investment, update cabinetry with fresh coats of KILZ Clean Start primer and paint. Add some new cabinet hardware to make your kitchen feel like new at a fraction of the cost.